I got an invitation from Ann at Keepin' Up With the Tatums to participate in her First Annual Virtual Cookie Exchange! SO fun!
So, I was deciding about what kind of cookies to bake... I LOVE to bake and decorate Christmas cookies every year with my girlfriends.
Sometimes, I must admit, we get a bit carried away with the decorations...
think Gingerbread...gone wild...
Okay, enough said.
I'm sure I will decorate cookies again this year, but for now, I decided to share my VERY FAVORITE cookie recipe. So easy, so yummy.
and yes, I did take photos along the way!
So here we go...
ANALISE'S VERY FAVORITE OATMEAL COOKIES
3/4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco ( I use the sticks)
1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1/3 cup milk
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups quick oats, uncooked
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 375. Set out foil strips for cooling.
2. Combine Crisco, brown sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with mixer until well blended.
3. Combine oats, flour, salt, and cinnamon. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until blended.
4. Stir in chopped pecans.
5. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet.
6. Bake one sheet at a time at 375 for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet then move to foil to cool.
Makes about 2- 1/2 dozen!
For gift giving, I stacked 3 cookies and tied them with pretty Christmas ribbon...
Then placed the cookies and a pretty pine cone ornament into a small bakery box (made for cupcakes).
I finished the box with a candy cane ornament, a bow and a button! SOOO EASY!
Happy Holidays and Happy Baking Everyone!
To see more recipes and other gals in the cookie swap, go to Ann's Cookie Exchange!